Wednesday, March 23, 2011

lmff: runway 5


I really enjoyed Harper Bazaar's Runway 5. Despite having some of Australia's top designers in the show, it didn't attract the B-grade celebrity crowd that was at the men's show the night before, which was nice.

I was really excited to see Dion Lee's AW11 collection because I hadn't really had a chance to check it out properly prior to the event. Non-surprising it was a stunning collection, his technique really is amazing - remember this is a designer who only made he debut a couple of years ago. It is easy to see why Willow and Scanlan & Theodore are so respected in the industry, even from the runway you can see the quality of each piece.

I wasn't really into the following designers, which I had already anticipated before the show - simply because they are not my style. However, I could appreciate how the glamorous, party-style dresses would be popular with lots of women. Collette Dinnigan presented lady-like lace looks, while it was brights, colour blocking, fur and sequins for Jayson Brunsdon. Aurelio Costarella showed short party frocks and Toni Maticevski was all about feminine sequin-detailed dresses.

I'm pretty happy with how my pictures turned out, much better than the student runway.


WILLOW

Photobucket

Photobucket


SCANLON & THEODORE

Photobucket

Photobucket


DION LEE

Photobucket

Photobucket


JAYSON BRUNSDON

Photobucket

Photobucket


AURELIO COSTARELLA

Photobucket

Photobucket


COLLETTE DINNIGAN

Photobucket


TONI MATICEVSKI

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment