Thursday, January 14, 2010

Beauty Salon

I'm probably the only girl to never of gone to a beauty salon, or maybe i'm not and it just seems a lot more common than it is? In Mexico, I swear there is nothing but tourist shops. Where do all the Mexicans get their stuff from? But once you get lost in the markets, which spread for blocks, you can see why there are few supermarkets, hairdressers, hardware stores etc.

I especially thought the beauty salons and hairdresser stalls were fantastic. For a few dollars you can get some totally tacky huge fake nails covered in glitter. The walls are all bright turquoise, pink and purple with pictures of '90s hairstyles stuck on the walls and mirrors.


Photobucket

Unfortunately, I wasn't brave enough to get a haircut, trying to say what I was after in English to a Spanish speaker proved too difficult (why do I remember nothing from a year of learning Spanish). I've often thought I may as well get a haircut from a cheap hairdressers. In Australia I end up paying $200 for a trim, but the prospect of having all my hair cutoff was just too scary.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sam on the other hand braved it and got the sides of his head re-shaved. And I must say they did a good job. There he is stuffing his face on tacos at 10am. I swear that boy would be happy if he ate nothing but tacos for the rest of his life.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment